This is a very flavorful recipe that caters to the taste buds of everyone at the dinner table. The juicy marinated oven baked chicken is delicious when combined with the taste of fresh tomatoes, tangy balsamic vinegar, and amazing fresh mozzarella and basil. Try this recipe next time you are having guest or for a nice family dinner.
- 4 small or 2 large chicken breasts
- 1- 1.5 cups Italian Dressing for marinating
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Santa Fe olive oil & Balsamic Company 25 Star Balsamic
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves for topping
- 2 tbsp Greek Koroneiki Olive Oil
- Begin by marinating chicken breast in Italian Dressing. If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half length wise. They need to marinate in the dressing for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated for an extended period of time, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet with Greek Korneiki Olive Oil to medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts onto pan, cook each side until golden brown about 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Cut mozzarella into slices, and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into slices and set them aside.
- Chop basil into strips and set aside.
- Arrange chicken into a baking dish, top with mozzarella slices, and place into oven for 15 minutes.
- Take chicken out of oven, and top with tomato slices, and place back into oven for five minutes or until chicken is fully cooked at 165 degrees.
- Once you have taken out the chicken, you can arrange it on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the dish generously with fresh basil, and drizzle it with the 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar.