Try this divine salad as a lovely appetizer to start a fantastic meal.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Fig Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons basil olive oil, extra for drizzle
- Hiwa Kai Black Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped toasted almonds for decor
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 8 ripe figs, quartered lengthwise
- 2 1/2 ounces goat cheese
- In a small jar add dijon, basil olive oil, fig balsamic, a pinch of salt, and fresh ground pepper. Shake until ingredients are well combined.
- In a bowl toss arugula and basil, drizzle with dressing and set aside.
- Cut figs in half, and set aside.
- Cut goat cheese into medium pieces, set aside.
- Begin plating by adding salad and building on to you salad with figs, liberally add goat cheese, sprinkle with toasted almonds, and drizzle with basil oil.
Get the delicious February Pairing here