The Green onion and Spinach Pesto is a new twist on a beloved classic. The delicious summery green onions shine as a star in this tasty appetizer when combined with our flavorful olive oil, walnuts, pine nuts, basil, and Parmesan, make a symphony of flavor come to life. This is a great appetizer dish to add some spice to a meal, and pique the taste buds of your guests. Try it on some fresh baguettes, or tossed with a nice penne, or even on a caprese with some of our delicious balsamic vinegar.
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup Parmigiana
- ½ cup Santa Fe Olive Oil ChileanPicual Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co Garlic Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a food processor add spinach, basil, cheese and nuts. Pulse until ingredients are well combined and all nuts are chopped through.
- Slowly begin pouring in the olive oil into the food processor. Continue pulsing the processor until desired texture is achieved.
- Place pesto mix into a bowl, add salt and pepper and stir until combined. Drizzle with some more olive oil on top.