2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ¾ cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 ounce semisweet chocolate
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Company’s Olive Oil, plus a little extra for greasing
1/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
2) Mix the flax seed meal with 3 tablespoons of water and set aside for 10 minutes
3) Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Add the sugar and combine thoroughly.
4) Break the chocolate into small pieces, place in a small bowl, and pour over ¼ cup o boiling water. Stir thoroughly to melt the chocolate.
5) Stir the flaxseed paste, melted chocolate, vanilla extract, olive oil and chopped nuts into the dry ingredients. Use your hands to for the mixture into a soft dough. Press the dough into the prepared baking pan.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until crisp around the edges but the center is still soft. Carefully lift the brownie out of the pan using the lining paper, leave the paper on, and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully peel away the paper and cut into nine squares. Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 5 days.