|Prep & Cook Time 10 minutes | Yeilds 1 Cup|
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Santa Fe Blend Super Premium Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Halve, peel and seed the avocado and add to your food processor or blender.
- Remove stems from basil leaves and wash them. Give them a rough chop and add them to your processor/blender.
- Add lemon juice, basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, garlic cloves and ¼ of the Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Santa Fe Blend Super Premium Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the processor/blender.
- Pulse or process/blend mixture on low to desired consistency. Add the remaining ¼ cup Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Santa Fe Blend Super Premium Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil slowly while mixing to achieve creamy texture.
- Taste and add salt and fresh ground pepper.
AS A PASTA SAUCE: Add to pasta cooked al-dente and mix to cover all noodles. The heat of the pasta will warm the sauce to allow it to distribute evenly and warm up for serving!
AS A SANDWICH SPREAD: Dollop and spread on bread to rev up turkey, chicken, grilled cheese, and caprese sandwiches. You’ll never reach for mayo again!
AS A VEGETABLE DIP: Pile into a small bowl and serve with assorted vegetables for a healthy-and-delicious party dip!