Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
|serves 6 - 8|
- 2 lbs. fresh Brussels Sprouts – trimmed & halved or quartered
- 1 cup seedless red grapes – halved
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6 slices of thick-cut bacon -- chopped
- 3 Tbsp Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Fig Dark Balsamic
- ½ to 1 tsp Roasted Garlic Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- 2 tsp thyme (chopped fresh or dry)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Insert an empty baking sheet into oven to heat as oven heats.
- Meanwhile, trim & halve or quarter Brussels Sprouts, and halve grapes.
- Chop the onion. Mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts and grapes in half of the Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Spread them on the hot baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, tossing them halfway through the cooking time, until they are tender, and browned and caramelized in spots.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the bacon, drain on paper towels, and pour out bacon fat from skillet.
- Heat the other half of the Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the skillet. Then, add the onion, garlic, and thyme and sauté until translucent and fragrant.
- Using a serving platter or bowl, combine the roasted Brussels sprouts and grapes with the bacon and onion garlic mixture. Toss lightly with the Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Fig Dark Balsamic to deepen and brighten the dish, and serve.
***This dish is also delicious with our Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Maple Dark Balsamic!