Colorful Caprese Salad
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 220g / 7oz bocconcini or baby mozzarella balls
- 1lb cherry or grape tomatoes, preferably multi-colored
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Fig Dark Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Co. Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar
- ½ to 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (for taste)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Finely mince garlic clove. Mix garlic, Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fig Dark Balsamic, Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar, oregano, parsley, Dijon mustard, and salt in a jar or small bowl so that all ingredients combine and emulsify.
- Adjust to taste. Set aside.
- Cut mozzarella bocconcini in quarters / cut mozzarella balls in half.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Bunch up basil leaves and roughly chop.
- Toss mozzarella, tomatoes & basil together in a mixing bowl.
- Add dressing to tomato mixture and lightly toss to incorporate.
- Transfer salad to a shallow serving bowl and finely drizzle with Fig Dark Balsamic to finish the dish.