2 tablespoons Santa Fe Olive Oil & Balsamic Company’s olive oil
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
12 large mushrooms
3 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3/8 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking panwith two tablespoons butter
3. Place frozen spinach in a medium saucepan with 1/4 cup water
4. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook spinach covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Uncover and stir
6. Remover from heat and drain.
7. Remove stems from mushrooms and arrange caps in the baking dish. Finely chop stems.
8. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and mix in onion garlic
9. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender, then mix in spinach, chopped mushroom stems and heavy cream.
10. Bring cream to a boiul
11. Remove from heat qand mix in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
12. Stuff mushroom caps generously with the mixture
13. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter
14. Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned
Viola! Enjoy this hearty meal.