Valentine’s Day is a day filled with love and joy. Here is a fantastic recipe for a terrific filet mignon made with an amazing balsamic reduction. This is a simple and elegant dish that is tender and flavorful. Enjoy it this Valentine’s Day with some roasted vegetables, a glass of red wine, and finish it off with some amazing dessert. This recipe is bound to impress your significant other.
2 Filet Mignon Steaks
Ground black pepper
¼ cup red wine
- Let steaks rest at room temperature, to allow for even cooking.
- Sprinkle your steaks liberally with fresh cracked pepper.
- Heat pan to high, add steaks sear on both sides (45 seconds to 1 minute per side, according to your taste).
- Add red wine and balsamic vinegar cook down until thicker for about three minutes, use a spoon to drizzle sauce when turning the meat.
- Plate and drizzle with balsamic reduction.